This course is insurable, accredited or approved by the professional bodies, The Accreditation Council of Holistic Healers (ACHH), World Metaphysical Association and ThinkTree.
This online course is designed to give you the knowledge that can benefit yourself, family, friends or your clients.
This course covers the following key areas of sleep:
• Developing Sleep Awareness
• The Science Behind Sleep
• How and Why Insomnia Occurs
• Stress and Sleep
• Techniques to Improve Sleep
• Quiet a Racing Mind
• Creating a Sleep Environment
• Sleep Tips to Enjoy a Better Night’s Sleep
• The Business of a Sleep Consultant
By the end of this course, you will learn:
• Why sleep is so important, including the key concepts of restorative sleep.
• How much sleep we actually need.
• The benefits of sleeping well.
• The science behind sleep.
• Sleep patterns and why they are important.
• Brain waves and how they affect our sleep.
• The Sleep Cycle and why understanding this can improve sleep.
• A little of the brain and sleep paralysis.
• How and why insomnia occurs.
• Factors surrounding stress and how these can affect sleep.
• Techniques to improve sleep and how these can be used to help yourself or your clients.
• How to quiet a racing mind and thereby reduce an overactive mind and improve sleep.
• The importance of creating a good sleep environment.
• The best sleep tips to get a good night’s sleep and use these to help yourself or your clients.
• The business of a sleep consultant, including what is a sleep consultant, carrying out a consultation, understanding your clients, good communication, client toolkit and road map to master sleep.
What is a Sleep Consultant?
A Sleep Consultant (also known as Sleep Coach, Sleep Practitioner or Sleep Trainer) can choose to work with children, parents and/or adults to help introduce better sleep patterns into their routines by developing Sleep Plans and offering guidance and support as needed through prescribed or bespoke sleep packages. A sleep consultant’s main purpose is to educate people on sleep hygiene, the biological needs of sleep, safe sleep practices, to review the timing of night/day sleeps while offering support and guidance.
People often approach Sleep Consultants when they are experiencing difficulties with sleep or where they are looking to establish positive sleep associations.
Working self-employed means your business can be structured in a way which works for you. A Sleep Consultant may choose to work remotely from home or local to residence or work further afield. It is possible to travel and expand client base to overseas for short-term placements/bookings.
This is an unregulated industry and qualifications are not required to start working as a Sleep Consultant. Although this is the case, many people will not employ someone who is unable to demonstrate that they have the skills and knowledge to help them, and a qualification is usually required to obtain work. This course is aimed at helping adults improve their sleep, working as a self-employed Sleep Consultant. Further qualifications would be required if wanting to work with children or within the NHS.
The role of a Sleep Consultant can be very diverse, however here are some responsibilities you can expect:
• Setup meetings with the client to go through their situation, this can be done via the telephone, Skype, or home visits
• Build an in depth understanding of the problems your clients are facing
• Understand clients sleep pattern and provide feedback
• Setting goals
• Develop sleep plans
• Review sleep plans Benefits There are many benefits to working as a Sleep Consultant, you will find some of these benefits below:
• Having your own business and being your own boss
• Flexible working hours
• Can fit around family and other work commitments
• Well paid
• Rewarding Job – making a positive change to people’s lives
Here are some of the necessary skills required to be an effective Sleep Consultant:
• Good listener
• Good communicator – written & verbal skills
As you will likely be a self-employed Sleep Consultant, what you charge is up to you. Most Sleep Consultants sell packages for their services rather than an hourly rate. However, if you are thinking of charging an hourly rate, they are typically between £15-30 per hour (consultants in major cities often charging more)
You will be provided with your own personal area on our professional, easy to use learning platform. Here you will find all the resources that you need, in one handy place.
This includes the following:
● Course Lessons
● Course Manual
● Course Videos
● Supplementary Resources to use
● Supplementary Reading List
● Successful Business Guide
● Messaging area
The course will be yours to start in your own time with your own tutor to guide you every step of the way.
The course is based on working with adults and the amount of sessions needed with a client very much depends on their individual circumstances, this can be anywhere between 1 and 6.
Your course assessment consists of a 20-question multiple choice test that you will find at the end of the course.
Your personal tutor will be there to help you every step of the way.
Certificate on Completion:
Once you have completed the 20-question multiple choice test, you will be able to download your certificate from the learning platform.
Click on the titles to reveal what you will learn in this course.
Click on the question to reveal the answer.
Why learn with Gateway?
We do things differently here at Gateway. When you sign up with us you will get support as you learn - making us a multi award winning training company year after year that you can trust.