By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand our autonomic nervous system.
• Understand the difference between sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
• Understand the parasympathetic and vagus nerve relationships.
• Discover the origins of the vagus nerve.
• Learn about the anatomy and connections of the vagus nerve.
• Understand the vagus nerve functions, its disorders and how it can be treated.
• Develop your knowledge about the gut-brain axis.
• Understand how the gut-brain axis and vagus nerve are linked.
• Learn more about how gut microbes are involved.
• Explore the symptoms of vagus nerve trauma.
• Understand how stress can cause vagus nerve trauma.
• Develop knowledge of how we perceive stress and its impact on the vagus nerve.
• Learn about the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and cortisol in this process.
• Develop an understanding of the polyvagal theory.
• Learn more about polyvagal exercises to stimulate the vagus nerve.
• Learn more about the gut-brain axis and how it connects to bowel health.
• Explore IBS and the vagus nerve.
• Better understand the therapies used for gut health, such as cognitive defusion and acceptance and commitment.
• Explore gut-axis-directed therapy and how it works.
• Look at the key vagus nerve stimulation approaches.
• Explore medical simulation.
• Develop knowledge of non-medical vagus nerve stimulation.
• Learn about the exercises you can do to stimulate your vagus nerve.
• To develop an understanding of acupuncture and the vagus nerve.
• To understand better what rest and recovery we need.
• To learn about ‘grounding’ and how it can help the vagus nerve.
• To understand what heart rate variability is and how it is used to measure vagal tone.
Click on the titles to reveal what you will learn in this course.
Click on the question to reveal the answer.
Want to read student reviews on this course? Click or press the 'EXPAND COURSE REVIEWS' button below.
Want to write a review on this course? (1) Click or press the 'EXPAND COURSE REVIEWS' button below. (2) Scroll to the bottom of the existing reviews. (3) Write your review. (4) Press the green 'SUBMIT REVIEW' button.
To view all our feedback, and also leave your review - Please scroll up the page to find the 'Course Reviews' section above.
Recently the Head Trainer from Champney's Attended our Courses and her Feedback was the Following:
Name: Laura Tatlow
Tutor feedback: Tutor was great, really informative and knowledgable, really enjoyed the course and looking forward to my next course with gateway.
Did the course you attended live up to your overall expectations: Yes
Would you consider attending another course with us, if not tell us why: Yes
Course feedback: already booked on 3 more!
Would it be ok for us to feature your comments on our feedback page of our web site: Yes
Top 10 Selling Online Courses
Why Learn With Gateway?
- Established for Over 25 Years
- Accredited, Certified, Insurable Courses
- Award-Winning Training School
- Winner 5 Years in a Row!
- Learn at Your Own Pace
- Learn in Your Own Time
- Latest easy-to-use Learning Platform
- Access Your Course 24/7
- Thousands of Happy Students
- Industry Leading Tutors
- Supporting You Whilst You Learn
We have trained many professional therapists and make-up artists from large professional salons, hotels and spas at: Gleneagles 5 star hotel and Spa Scotland, Champneys Health Resorts, Bobbi Brown UK & Ireland, Make-up Artists at Large Filming Companies, Hollyoaks for Channel 4, Top Spas like The Mandarin Oriental Spa at Knightsbridge, John Lewis Spa, The Sanctuary and many other leading companies like Dior.
Other clients include: NHS, National Pharmacies & Rehabilitation Centres Across the UK, Thousands of Therapists - For Professional Client Use And the General Public - For Personal Use.