This course is approved and regulated by Training Qualifications UK (TQUK). TQUK are an Ofqual recognised Awarding organisation, providing a wide range of vocational qualifications to FE Colleges and private training providers.
As an Ofqual recognised Awarding organisation, all of TQUK's qualifications are guaranteed to conform to a high standard.
This qualification has been mapped to the relevant Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS), National Occupational Standards (NOS), and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
On successful completion of this course, you will achieve the Ofqual recognised, Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
(There is no mention of the mode of study on your certificate – a classroom-based course and the distance learning course are exactly the same in terms of qualification)
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training will enable you to work in a teaching role and progress on to gain full QTLS status (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills).
The course will prepare students to teach in a wide range of contexts including further, private, adult or community education or work-based learning.
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will take an analytical and practical approach to all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. Whilst doing this, learners will embed theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their own teaching practice.
You will be provided with your own personal area on our professional, easy-to-use learning platform. Here you will find all the resources that you need, in one handy place.
This includes the following:
• Course Lessons
• Course content is available to view on our learning platform and if required, a hard copy of the manual can be requested at a small cost by contacting your course tutor
• Course Videos available to view on the platform as you learn
• Lesson Plan Templates
• Scheme of Work Templates
• Supplementary Resources to use
• Supplementary Reading List
• Messaging area
The course will be yours to start in your own time with your own tutor to guide you every step of the way.
You will need to provide evidence that you have met all the learning outcomes required for this course. This will include:
• 7 Assignments
• 100 Hours Teaching Practice. You will need to arrange this but we can support you with how to do this.
• 8 Lesson Observations. Your tutor can arrange this with you.
You will have full tutor support to do this and you can submit your assessments as many times as you need. Your tutor will guide you through.
Certificate on Completion:
Once you have completed all assignments, teaching practice and lesson observations you will be awarded an Ofqual regulated certificate.
To complete this course learners need to have access to 100 hours of teaching practice and be at least 19 years of age.
So, if you are already teaching then this is great, but if you are not then this course is still for you, you just need to contact local training providers/further education colleges to enquire about whether you can complete 100 hours of teaching practice with them. You should secure your 100 hours teaching practice before booking the course.
Learners must also meet the following minimum criteria:
• Reading and communication skills should be adequate to meet the requirements of the training.
• Do not have a criminal background which prevents them working with young people or vulnerable adults, as a teacher.
• Hold a relevant qualification at a level above that of their learners; ideally at least Level 3 in their area of specialism
• Hold a Level 3 teaching qualification or equivalent/ or some previous academic experience
• Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT. The minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT details the knowledge, understanding and personal skills in English, mathematics and ICT expected of all teachers in the sector.
Click on the titles to reveal what you will learn in this course.
Click on the question to reveal the answer.
Why learn with Gateway?
We do things differently here at Gateway. When you sign up with us you will get support as you learn - making us a multi award winning training company year after year that you can trust.